Friday, November 11, 2011

Court Date!

We've been waiting to hear from our adoption agency about when the Federal Court of Ethiopia would hear our case, so when the subject line in my inbox read "Good News" I jumped for joy.  Actually, I didn't really jump, I think I really just exhaled for the first time in a really long while...   This waiting is hard and, believe me, it's not at all one dimensional.  There are several "types" of waiting, chief amongst them are the:
  • "I'm SO excited, I can't breath" type of waiting. 
  • "I'm SO frustrated, what on EARTH is TAKING so long?" type of waiting. 
  • "One day at a time" type of waiting ( requires LONG periods of meditation).
  • "There must be something seriously wrong with our case, but even the adoption agency doesn't know it yet" type of waiting (welcome to irrationality).
  • "My wait is NOTHING compared to that of a child waiting for a family" type of waiting (welcome to reality).

But ... I digress.  Because we are DONE waiting for a court date!  I know, I know, we have lots of future "waits" to come, most dauntingly U.S. Embassy clearance.  But today we are just celebrating. Join us! 

No comments:

Post a Comment