Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Dossier in D.C.

Today's update is that I just spoke with our incredibly kind courier (Ray Hower:  703-282-6668) who told me that our Dossier is the Ethiopian Embassy and that I should have it back on Thursday or Friday of this week.  I can't wait to have that baby back in my hot little hands!  I remember feeling this way when I was working on my dissertation.  The whole house could burn down, but NOTHING better happen to that document! 

On another note, I heard a great podcast on the Creating a Family website (www.creatingafamily.org).    I love this site!  The podcast was titled Adoption and Attachment and the guest speaker talked a little bit about how important it is to prepare sibling for adoption.  She noted that a lot of preparation is required of pre-adoptive parents but that siblings are often overlooked.  That got me thinking of my own boys, and how to prepare them for the trip to Addis Ababba and for how life will change when "H" and "F" arrive.   Since this woman is based in Cambridge, MA (right around the corner), I think I'll schedule some time with her. 

Dehna hugni!  (Goodbye to women)
Dehna hun! (Goodbye to men)


Shelley

No comments:

Post a Comment